Monday, May 25, 2009

Updating again...

So this weekend, we were down to just 1 kiddo because my dad and step-mom took Sophie with them to the mountains. She had a blast, and we missed her tons while she was away, but BOY did I get a lot done! I dug, planted and expanded my gardens. I planted a lot of veggies, and I'm hoping the ground is fertile enough to do something and that the birds don't eat the seeds before they grow! If everything does grow, we'd have: 2 types of tomatoes-1 heirloom cherokee purple! woo!, green peppers, onions, corn, peas, potatoes, carrots, radishes, spinach, lettuce, watermelon and pumpkins. Some were seedlings, some were seeds, some mature plants...quite a mix!

I also got Maddy's crib up in the nursery finally. She's been in the pack 'n play bassinett since she came home from the hospital, and she scoots too much in her sleep to be comfy in that thing anymore. But she slept in the crib for the 1st time last night and slept for nearly 8 hours in a row!! That may be in part because she was played out at Sid & Heather's on Sunday while we were at Hope & Kevin's wedding. hehe. I am SO thankful they were willing to watch her (and get some babyfever from it too! yay!!!) and that she was good for them. And I'm so glad we could still go to Hope & Kevin's wedding. It was really neat! I've never been to a real Jewish wedding before, and this was as authentic as it could be and was SO neat! I love how religious everything was & how much fun!! The circle dancing was a blast too! Hope was a beautiful beaming bride (seriously! She glowed!) and Kevin was just so happy. I wish them the best in their future together (and now we share our anniversary too!). Brian and I had a nice anniversary together celebrating another couple's love and getting a kid-free date night. It was VERY much needed! I wish we lived closer to family or babysitters that would allow us to have that at least once every month, but I'll take whatever time I can get.

On Saturday, I worked outside for about 6 hours straight while Brian watched Maddy & got the brainy idea of inviting my brother Adam and friends over for a bonfire. We all enjoyed some tasty Maryland crabs too (our anniversary gift...hahaha. Brian gave me crabs for our anniversary! :oP) and I had my 1st glass of wine in almost a year...and got quite tipsy. I'm a cheap date! Woo! Needless to say, at the wedding yesterday, I didn't have any drinks after the champagne toast in the beginning! hehe.

I forgot to hang out laundry today and that bums me out. It was beautiful and the rest of the week looks to be a bit cloudy/rainy, so I'll have to use the dryer. It's been almost 2 weeks since I last used it. Yay for saving electricity/money/the environment! :o) Oh, and I tried out that BumGenius cloth diaper--not impressive. Very easy to use, yes...but it seems very wasteful as you have to wash the entire diaper and all of the stuffing instead of just the prefold. But I am LOVING cloth diapering. It makes me feel SO good to do it for Maddy and I cringe when I have to put a disposable on her now. I just want to find a good nighttime diaper plan and I'll be set! And Maddy's the perfect tester too. She's so patient with me learning how to use a snappi or how to fold a prefold a different way. I hope I can get her weighed at WIC tomorrow. I'm thinking 11 or 12 lbs. She's a chunk and smiles and does her own version of giggles now. And she coos and goos and is just so enjoyable. <3 I earned her after Sophie...I definitely did! Who knows how the next one will be, but whatever it is like, I'll be ready for it! lol!

Well, I ought to get to bed. Maddy will be up before too long to eat, and I'd like to actually get some sleep too. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great weekend. Everyone needs a date night once in a while and we're long overdue for once as well. We don't have anyone that we really trust close enough to keep our kids either. :/.

    Your garden sounds like it is going to be YUMMY!!! When I get the rare chance of having one kid, I don't know what to do with myself. It's SO different having one once you've had two :)

    And girl, I LOVE BumGenius! We are ordering our 3.0 next week. One size fits all. About the drying, you remove the inserts and just dry them in the dryer (it's as easy as the prefolds) and then you can line dry the rest of the diaper so you're not using all of that energy. (it does take a little longer to dry them in the dryer). They are really about the easiest thing next to disposables, that's why I love them so much.

    Also, if you're having leaking issues at night this is what we do: We use a prefold (for now until we get our bumgenius) and THEN take another prefold and fold the sides straight over the middle so it's a 3 layer, and insert it into the prefold you're already putting on her. It's called a "doubler" and works wonders. We never have any leaks. BUT if you do have leaks they sell Hemp doublers that my friends say are amazing!

    Now I'm sure you love the novel on your blog. :) You should blog more!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails