Friday, May 29, 2009

Yummy yummy dinner in my tummy!

What a fun night! We had my brother's girlfriend, Bobbie-Jo, over for dinner tonight and I do have to say that I love her! She is such a perfect fit into our family! It's like the sister I never had, we get along so well and have so much in common! She cracked me up too and I cannot wait to go out on the town with her! I haven't had a girls night out in probably 2 years! It's definitely time for one! She just has our sense of humor and is so outgoing that you just can't help but love her!

I made rosemary chicken, roasted potatoes, green beans and volcano cakes. Yummy! And everything was moderately to very healthy! I've been inspired lately to try alternatives to our favorite foods to make them healthier so we can eat better and just be healthier in this family. Oh, and did I mention that Bobbie is a chef? SO awesome, right?! :o)

I am slowly descending into the land of becoming more crunchy too. I had museli and yogurt for breakfast today and it was fantastic! I am so excited to go to the natural food store to get some ezekiel bread soon too! I am just really hoping to devote more energy into more natural/healthy foods for our family and hopefully it'll lead to losing more weight too! I haven't lost much since I stopped nursing and really want to lose a good bit in the next year or so because I'm sick of not feeling healthy or good about myself. I don't have money to devote to a gym or the like, but gardening outside is good exercise, as is washing my cloth diapers (I have to go up and down the stairs a bunch of times. excellent exercise!), so hopefully eating out fresh foods from there will also help too! Well, I ought to get to bed. We've got to get up early tomorrow for the Campbell family reunion...10+ years in the making! I'm so excited to finally get to meet Brian's extended family (grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc). Gnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails