Friday, June 8, 2012

Busy little bee...

I've been a busy little bee lately working on sewing projects that have been sitting in a pile forever. Hopefully I'll remember upload pictures from the camera and post them of the projects I'm working on soon. I've made the girls each 2 dresses, a bunch of stuff for a friend's baby due next month, a dress & cover up for me & am starting 2 more dresses for each of the girls.  I have a ton more left to do and things to make for Noah too, but there just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done and still take care of the kids & the house.  So I keep chugging along.

Part of me loves sewing because it reminds me of my mom and it's a way to bond with her, even if I'm not in the same room as her.  I have some great memories of her sitting in front of her baby blue Singer, sewing with such love and passion and making incredible things for my brothers and I.  She made gorgeous Easter dresses for me and I hope that one day I'll be even half as good as she is.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could set aside more time for sewing. Maybe this summer when the boys are busy with activities. I have a few cute dress patterns I'd like to try out for the baby. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails