Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day Full of Doctors

What a day full of doctors. From my doctor, to Maddy's doctor, to my mom's doctor...good grief!

My OB appointment today went well. My blood pressure was ok (not great) at my ob visit and newbie was doing great in there. His/her heartbeat was 150's and very strong. I feel good that the doctor was on the same page as we were & that we'll be going in every 2 weeks & starting seeing the maternal/fetal medicine doctor starting at 20 weeks since I am officially considered high risk. I am grateful for every time I go to the doctor though, because that means newbie made it that much further into the pregnancy & has grown bigger & stronger.

Maddy's 1-year doctor visit went good today too. She didn't gain much weight since her 9 month visit, gained about a pound & grew an inch, but the kid has been crawling/cruising/attempting walking like crazy lately, so the doctor isn't concerned. She's such a peanut compared to where Sophie was at 1 year (32-ish inches long, 24lbs), but she's doing amazingly well compared to where she was last year at this time. She had 3 shots & sobbed for about 10 minutes. Poor babe. She never cried for any other shots, but she woke up with a bit of a cold this morning, so I guess I'd be extra cranky too. (btw-Maddy's birthday post to come soon!!)

I tried to keep myself busy all day, since I knew my mom was going in for her surgery at 3pm and I didn't want to sit at home & dwell. I'd go nuts. We went to Bobbie-Jo's for a bit and got to see some friends we haven't seen in a long time & their kiddos. Sophie took a while to warm up, but once she did, she loved playing with Julianna & cried when she left. She's now sleeping so soundly because she played hard all day! We left Bobbie-Jo's just as the snow started & slipped/slided our way back here. But we made it safely! And everything's now covered in that crappy white stuff (can you tell I am SOOO done w/snow?! hehe).

But on the way home, I got the phone call from my brother that my mom's surgery went well. Praise God! She was resting & recovering comfortably considered all she had endured. They removed both breasts as well as 2 lymph glands that will be biopsied. They were only going to take 1 gland, but when they got in there, the lymph gland closest to her cancer looked strange, so they were proactive & removed it as well. We should know the results of the biopsies in about a week or so, so please keep praying for my mom's recovery & that the biopsy results comes back negative for cancer. It's a very scary feeling knowing your best friend is 6 hours away having major surgery & you can't do anything. I want to just hug her or at least hold her hand, but can't. I won't get to see her for at least a month & am glad my step-sister is there to help her out, but I still really want to be there for her. I'm just doing the best I can & am really looking forward to actually talking to her in a few days.

On that note, I need to go to bed. I've been up far too late & need sleep. I am so tired lately...I thought that would end now that I'm in my 2nd trimester. yeah, not so much! hehe. Anyway, good night!


Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails