Monday, September 12, 2011

We have good news & a plan!

Time is flying by without more updates. Yikes.

The family is doing well. Brian got a new job working for the same company my older brother works for.  Monday thru Friday, normal hours, decent pay & benefits. I'm in heaven!  Now if only I could find a way to supplement our income from home.  We have a plan in place to save save save and hopefully we'll be out on our own by spring again.  We also need to get a new vehicle soon, as the repairs needed on our van are more then we paid for it PLUS it needs to be inspected, so saving for a new vehicle seems like the smarter choice to make right now.

I am really hopeful that things will be on the upswing now.  I've been talking to God a lot about our situation & for help in making the peace.  I want to be happy, positive & at peace in our lives and I'm slowly getting to that point with God's help.  I'm also trying to keep losing weight. I've been praying for God to give me the strength to avoid temptations & when I feel the need to eat junk food, I pray for strength first.  With just keeping track of my calorie intake on myfitnesspal.com (through the mobile app since it's SO convenient & FREE), I'm more aware of what I'm fueling my body with and making better choices.  I've lost 5.5lbs in a month and I'll be honest, I've only purposely exercised 1 or 2 times.  So as I rid our home of junk (it's tough when it's not your house & the people who own it keep lots of junk around) & get my hubby & kids on board, I am seeing some progress.  I need to start waking earlier and doing some exercise early before I get busy with kids.

Noah is still working on molars, but thankfully I traded for a new baltic amber teething necklace (we've managed to lose our other 3. ugh!) & he's a different baby when that's on.  He's been eating more table food and still nursing a lot in the meantime.  I'm debating on night weaning him soon so we can all get more sleep as he moves around a lot and fusses, waking me and Brian up.  I think once he's night weaned, I'll start weaning him from cosleeping too.  I am hoping we will get him sleeping through the night in his own bed very soon.  I know as much as I like cosleeping and nursing all night, it's not good for the rest of the family & Noah seems to need better quality sleep too.  I'm just really dreading doing it.

Mentally, I feel a lot better then I have in a long time & I am attributing it to praying for strength, patience & for less stress.  Prayer & meditation are really working in my life to make it better.  God is just awesome!

Alright, I need to go. Noah's up from his 30 minute nap. Boo!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only mom nursing a toddler. I agree, there are many joys to nursing an older baby! I love it when Kay tells me it made her feel all better lol.

    Good luck with night-weaning and everything! You may want to try putting him in his own bed first because the night-weaning may naturally follow. I know all kids are different but that's what happened with Kaylee. When she was 2, we got rid of her crib and she got a big kid bed. I put her to sleep in it, expecting to have to get up to bring her to bed with me in a few hours or so. And that still happens sometimes but pretty much immediately she started sleeping thru the night most nights. =) She still sleeps in my bed sometimes and when she does, she wakes up more to nurse, I think she smells it lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails