Tuesday, November 30, 2010

She Talks!

I've written a few times about how I was worried about Maddy not talking much and mostly just pointing and grunting to get what she wanted/needed.  But the past week we have had a language EXPLOSION!  Holy cow!  I can't even count how many words she has lately since she just keeps adding more and more!  It's like she was listening to us talk for the past 22 months and this week she decided to give it a shot at pronouncing everything.  She learned bear & fish on Saturday and can say Ariel (Air-yule) whenever she sees one of the million Little Mermaid dolls/posters/bed sheets/tshirts/pjs/cups/etc that Sophie has.  I am so impressed & so pleased she's finally talking.  I just love hearing that little girl voice!!!!!  I know I will soon probably regret those words, but it really makes me happy to know my girl is on track & doesn't have something preventing her from talking.  Brian & I have become experts at "Maddy-ese" translation, but at least there are words there!  YAY MADELYN!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! i understand just how exciting it is to hear your little one start to talk. Logan has started using some new words recently and it's been since my sister had her baby, so his new favorite is "bee-bee". <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails